Please join us for a discussion on Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors’ newest Scaling Solutions Toward Shifting Systems publication.
This publication is the third in the collaboration between Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA), Skoll Foundation, the Ford Foundation and other funders that commenced in 2016 with the goal of identifying and promoting best practices for scaling solutions and impact, and funding for systems change related to the world’s pressing challenges. This new report, building on insights explored in the first and second publications, explains how funders can design for and measure progress on systems change. Based on workshops in Kenya, Colombia, India and the United States, case studies, and evolving practices in the field of philanthropy, this publication also provides recommendations for:
• How mapping systems can help funders better develop robust theories of change.
• When, how and with whom to share lessons.
• The implications of funders exiting systems they have been supporting.
• Recognizing and working with government and the private sector as partners in systems change efforts.
• How to better empower grantees through streamlining, collaboration and increased responsiveness.
• Aiswarya Ananthapadmanabhan of the Edelgive Foundation (India)
• Kathy Reich of the Ford Foundation
• Maria Claudia Santos Camargo of the Fundación Arturo y Enrica Sesana (Colombia)
• Edwin Ou of the Skoll Foundation
• Georgia Pessoa of Instituto Humanize (Brazil)
• Heather Grady of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (moderator)
To read RPA's new report on Scaling Solutions, please visit www.rockpa.org/scaling-solutions.